Monday, April 17, 2006

Yo Joe!!

Today I had the good fortune of accompanying my mother to the cardiologist. The plan was to hook Sybil up to some electrodes and give her a stress test. While we waited in the mostly empty waiting room, I couldn't help but overhear a very elderly couple discussing how one of them had Emphysema. My mother also overheard them and screamed out, "You have Emphysema?" "Why yes I do", replied the kind old lady. Now here is where Sybil came to a crossroads. I am sure this went through her mind. Which do I say:

A. "I am sorry to hear that. There are plenty of good treatments out there. I am sure you will be fine."
OR
B. "My sister died of lung cancer."

I am sure everyone knows which choice was selected. Luckily before much else could be said, Sybil was called in to be examined. A quick walk on a treadmill assured the doctor Sybil's heart was healthy. One less thing to worry about.

I really thought the stress test was going to be the hardest thing for me to deal with today, but as it turns out my biggest problem came at home. It seems while I was away, the last remaining Joes that I had got into a little squabble with Cobra. Luckily I was able to intervene before mutual assured destruction took place. After I got the détente in writing, everybody decided to go back to their carrying case.

Fight for freedom. I certainly am.

**Disclaimer - I am not a horrible person. I know it is impolite to talk about my mother in a negative way to strangers, especially when I am not getting paid for it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are very odd indeed.

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked that the Wolverene tank still appears to have all of it's rockets.

pity_meals said...

It's sad you have to play with your toys under the ruse of taking a photo for you blog. Just say it.."I'm 30 and I like to play with toys".

8675309 said...

AAAAHHH! Do you know how long it's been since I've seen Tomax and Xamot?!?!?

I'm glad I have someplace to release these thoughts....