Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Word

I just got the word that Friday will be my last day at Japan's largest automaker. I have written about it before, so no tears will be shed. Could you imagine if I cried over losing my job? There is something positive in everything.

I can now look forward to making sure I never have to do the following again:

1. Eat at the Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang's, The Elephant Bar, TGIF, Ruby Tuesday or any other chain restaurant that drones love.
2. Attend a pot luck meal for a holiday I don't celebrate or for a person I don't like.
3. Work for a boss that has a different Christmas outfit for every day of December.
4. And finally never, sit under a sign like this again:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you pull a Jerry Maguire thing and freak out with a briefcase in your hand?

M

Anonymous said...

Don't forget you can now lose weight due to not having the option to eat a piece of cake at least once a day for someone's birthday/promotion/hiring/firing/quitting/wedding/divorce/baby/been out sick for a day/surgery/return from alien abduction/screenplay being made into a movie (not far-fetched in this town)

So what do you want on your cake?

Barry said...

All so true.

Anonymous said...

I like that sign - I can't believe you're trashing it. I mean, you ARE a valuable brand...

pity_meals said...

I'd hire you to do my laundry if I didn't think you would steal all my underoos.

Anonymous said...

What's going on with selling your TV show?