Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Sweet sweet rejection

As some of you may know, I have been trying to sell some TV shows with a friend. Without getting into specifics, because I know how everyone wants to steal my ideas, I will just give you a quick rundown on one of the shows. It is called 'Skin Doctors' and it is a half-hour reality/comedy show, hopefully filmed in a 'Curb Your Enthusiasm/Unscripted'-like fashion. In any event, my partner on the show took it to Playboy television a few weeks ago. I was feeling very positive about the meeting because he wasn't thrown out immediately. We have sat eagerly waiting for a response since then. Today was the day they finally decided to pass. The rejection sucks but the reason was amazing. There exact words were, "The show is just not jackable enough." I can't help but laugh. I guess the type of people who pay for a three hour block of Playboy programming have no time for comedy. It is all about business. It is a shame they don't sell blocks of shows in three minute increments. It would be the better value.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing!