Friday, April 07, 2006

Last days

'We're leaving together
But still it's farewell
And maybe we'll come back
To earth, who can tell
I guess there is no one to blame
We're leaving ground (leaving ground)
Will things ever be the same again
It's the final countdown...
The final countdown
Ooh oh'



I was told for the millionth time today that my tenure at Japan's finest automobile manufacturer would be coming to an end soon. Rumor has it I have exceeded the time limit the legal department wants any contingent worker employed. My boss really wants me to find a new job before the higher ups decide to ax me. Maybe I am a glutton for punishment, but I just don't feel like leaving yet. Anybody want to bet how many days I have left?

5 comments:

8675309 said...

Juuuuuust enough days to secure me a nice discount on a new car?

Barry said...

Sadly, my discount is no greater than a price you could get yourself with minimum bargaining power at the dealership.

Anonymous said...

Didn't they used to pull the same shit on the POW's in Vietnam? Every day tell them, "Tonight you're getting killed"? Sounds like a lot's changed in 30 years, you should come to work dressed like Rambo.

Anonymous said...

I can tell your the type of guy that likes to stay past your welcome-don't come crying to me when you need a job. OK?

Anonymous said...

How you can hate a place so much (and complain daily about it) but yet not want to leave...so odd. No wonder you're a hypochondriac, you enjoy the pain!