Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Live to fight another day

Today was the big day. Sybil was examined by a neurologist. Good news, everyone. She is going to live. Not that there was much doubt, considering Parkinson’s disease doesn’t kill. At the very least we know it is very early and should be treatable.

In typical style the appointment was memorable in a way only Sybil could make it. Surprisingly she allowed me to come into the exam room with her. Luckily there was no disrobing. We just sat there while a doctor fired questions at my mother. On a table within the exam room, there was a fairly large bag of safety pins. Could they have been for closing gowns? Did it even matter? Between each question regarding her health, my mother would comment on the size and shape of the pins. Occasionally she would say, "You better not stick me with those pins." Now to most people this would never cross their mind but my mother is a different bird all together. She always likes to remind me of the time my cousin was being fresh, as she calls it, to her mother. Sybil figured the best way to end my teenage cousin's outburst was to stick her in the fleshy part of her behind with an open safety pin. Once stuck, and before tetanus set in, my cousin was no longer sassy to my aunt. I think Sybil got that from chapter seven of a Dr. Spock book.

Thankfully with a very low dose of dopamine, Sybil should be fine. As long as she is healthy enough to stick the neighborhood child with pins when they aren't nice I will be happy.

On another note, why doesn't anyone respect my stuff? I leave the house to go to the doc and I come back to some jerk sleeping in my bed.



**Disclaimer - I have not verified with my cousin if she was ever stuck with a safety pin for being fresh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good news about your mom. Did the doc give her anything>

Anonymous said...

Yes, good news indeed. BTW Why did your brother also to accompany you to the Garden State? He must be too busy internet dating to come or something...

Anonymous said...

is sarah out there with you? You never know what jerks are sleeping in your bed...

Unknown said...

Natallipa is in our replica oakley sunglasses eyerim family for a while now. At eyerim we know her as a bold woman who is able to pull off literally everything. She is funny, she is gorgeous, she is daring, she pulled off these sporty unisex Uvex Sportstyle sunglasses and she looks great. If you're not into this particular model though, but you're still into adventurous sporty style of shades, have a look at these other prada replica we hold for you at eyerim and we bet you'll find the one!