Thursday, April 27, 2006

Game Plan

Since I got the news yesterday about my impending unemployment, a great number of people have asked me what I am going to do next. Well, the honest answer is I haven't really thought about it that hard. Sure, I am going to work or find something to occupy my time between dumpster diving for day old bread, but I have not really gotten into the particulars of it yet. As I sit here, I do realize there is one thing I really want to do with my new found freedom: grow a mustache. I have talked about it before, but now is my time. It is going to be a bold statement about my individuality. The real question is, What kind of mustache can I pull off. Handlebar? Hitler? Pencil thin? I am not really sure. One of the key factors to having a good mustache is having solid real estate between the nose and the upper lip. I don't really have that going for me. It might be a crap shoot. I figure the best way for me to approach the 'stache is to grow everything and anything on my face first. Once that is accomplished, I will be able to sculpt my mustache. Maybe something I can twirl while laughing maniacally?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good plan, the Mustache will serve as entertainment while you grow it, and give you the professional edge you need when interviewing for your next job. Who wouldn't hire a man with a mustache?

pity_meals said...

can YOU grow facial hair?

Anonymous said...

I actually was going to ask the same question as above - can you?

Anonymous said...

I strongly urge you not to settle for the moustache, choosing instead to go for the perfect compromise between form and function: The Davenport!

I've had good luck with it, and it has warned employers left and right that my style is...unconventional.

ADDED VALUE: Since chicks dig it, it might draw attention away from the grimace...

8675309 said...

Good luck, but choose wisely: many of the mustaches pictured also require a French accent.

Anonymous said...

the mustache is only allowed if this tshirt is worn daily:

http://www.funrockn.com/shirts/pages/mustache.html