Sunday, April 16, 2006

I know some cows that are lactose intolerant

Actually it is some calves, and it is more like lactic acid intolerant. Maybe that wasn't as funny as I thought. That seemed like the type of joke one's uncle would say at some family get together. Not my uncle though. I didn't really grow up attending family get togethers or have a funny uncle. Anyway before I totally go off on a tangent, the purpose of this blog was to discuss my day in the Garden State. After spending the morning with my mother and thinking of specific chapters that will be in my book on my childhood, I decided to run away for a few hours and go mountain biking. The fear of being isolated in Hillsdale, New Jersey prompted me to bring my bicycle with me on the plane. Don't tell the airline it was a bicycle though. As far as they know I brought golf clubs. I will never understand why a huge box containing a bunch of nine irons is free but if you tell them there are two wheels and a frame, they charge you. Shouldn't it go by the size of the box?

Anyway during my furlough, I went to Lewis Morris County Park in Morristown with a buddy that I ride with every time I come to NJ. We have been riding together on and off since '99. We typically always have a good time with moderate complaints about lactic acid buildup and not being in shape. The ride was really fun. Nice deep woods with rolling trails. I haven't been on a bike in a long time so this was the perfect place to get my body moving again. It almost made the trip worth it. Almost.

More eventful stuff about the trip coming soon!

No comments: