Friday, March 31, 2006

R.I.P., Hal The Coyote

I am really pissed right now. Last week or the week before I wrote about a coyote, nicknamed Hal, that was giving chase around Central Park. The little guy was finally captured after a two day search that included a police copter. I don't think the police used this much manpower since Dr. Richard Kimble escaped. I thought the story would end happily ever after with Hal living in the Queens Zoo, but sadly, Hal never made it to Queens. He died as he was being tagged for release into the wild. I don't know much about tagging but I do know that being dead sucks. From what I read it seems that the stress of being captured may have lead to his untimely demise. Hal was just a year old. Why he needed to be tagged is beyond me. For that matter why he needed to be captured in the first place makes no sense. What was the worst that he would have done in the park? Stolen a poodle? Come on!! He could have been an urban legend. Pssssssssssst....."Have you heard about the coyote of Central Park? He only comes out at night. I heard he once ate a baby."

Rest in peace, Hal!

Hal, the Central Park Coyote, Dies

No comments: