Friday, March 24, 2006

Reading is making me dull!

As I mentioned earlier I have been spending some of my free time reading. Trying to improve my craft, blah, blah, blah. Well as it turns out the more I read the less time I spend writing. At first I thought this was just because I had hit a wall with my imagination, but now I am beginning to realize that without TV and the Internet filling my brain with nonsense my cynicism is waning. Damn book is making me lose my edge. All I want to do now is read. My DVR has filled up with all the latest ‘Must See’ garbage but yet the book is on top of the TV remote. This is turning into a real problem. I blame the government for my problem. If it wasn't for those damn subsidized lunches, I would have never shown up to school, which in turn would have prevented me from learning to read in the first place.

Curse my thirst for knowledge!

By the way I am on page 310. My protagonist is about to rob the bank he works at!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stick with the reading, eventually you'll learn not to end a sentance with a preposition.

Anonymous said...

and spell. unlike some others who shall remain anonymous.

Anonymous said...

EAT A DICK

Christian Lindke said...

Of course, we all know that even Shakespeare ended sentences with prepositions. The rule against such activity is feigned intellectualism. If it is in Shakespeare and the King James, it must be fine.

As for robbing banks you work at...when I was a teller, I spent 50% of my time helping customers and 50% planning the perfect crime. It's just what bank employees do.

Barry said...

I too was a bank teller back in the day. I never dreamed oof robbing the bank. I know they always get caught. I did dream of being there when it got robbed so I would have the story. On another note I did once ask a girl out through the drive through. Big time rejection.