Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Public Service Announcement

It has been a tough week. First the lady from 'Cocoon' died, then I watched the cause and effect of having a laissez-faire attitude about the future unfold.

For some reason I know a lot of irresponsible people. Sadly over the last couple of days I have had to watch firsthand what happens when you age, lose your job, and have no retirement. I have also watched what happens when you have no health insurance and get sick. None of it is pretty. You never know what is going to happen, so consider this a word of advice before you buy a new toy, or live like it is your last day on earth. Make sure you have the following:
1. Health Insurance
2. Retirement plan

Once you have those two things, go ahead and live the ghetto fabulous life you always wanted. At least you can say you aren't a burden on society. Well I guess that really isn't true either, but you get the idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Barry. People make fun of me for driving a "sub-par" automobile.. but let's just see who is laughing loudest from the penthouse suite at the assisted living facility.