Sunday, March 26, 2006

I can spot trends

Not everyone likes what I write about. A short time ago I did a little piece on being a man's man. If you have no idea what I am talking about, let me jog your memory. I am talking about my piece on the mighty mustache. Now, I loved this little tirade I went on about how the Indians at work were rockin' the 'stache. Even though I poured my heart and soul into my writing, the response I got from most people was "Ehh." I never understood this. Not to toot my own horn but I thought it was some damn good journalism. Does this even count as journalism? Hell, I had some of the dialogue from Rocky translated into Hindi for Chirst's sake. Anyway, even if no one who read it understood my brilliance I can now happily say that I am at least on the same page with the fine folks at ABC news. Apparently there have been a few shows on the air about how the mustache is on the rise again. I suggest that everyone watch the show so they can learn a little something about being in style in 2006.

Here is the clip

One last thing when I was looking for the clip on the ABC website I found this interesting quote said by Saddam Hussein during his trial:

"May your mustache be cursed," Saddam shouted at Abdel-Rahman.

It's a great insult among Iraq's Arab majority to curse a man's mustache, considered to be a symbol of honor among adult males. Abdel-Rahman is a Kurd and sports no mustache.

Now there is a man who knows how to treat the 'stache with the respect it deserves.

One more final thing, just more proof I know what I am talking about. The Magnum P.I. movie is one step closer to being made. Viva la 'stache!!!

Get your short shorts ready.

No comments: