Monday, August 26, 2013

What's my niche?

So last Friday was my big shot at the majors.  WWTDD.com called me in for a "meeting." I love using quotes.  There was no discussion of what the meeting was about so I assumed it was for me to take over one of their many titty sites.

When I arrived I was a bit shocked.  Instead of being some pretty office where girls posed for photos that would be instantly uploaded to the site,  I found a room that was more out of the movie Boiler Room.  It stunk of sweat, and there were a bunch of dudes at computer tables that had no chairs.  I sat in the kitchen for a bit watching people drink Red Bulls and eat gummy worms while I waited for the head of Editorial to meet with me.  It felt like hours (it was two minutes) before I was called in by Colin, the big cheese.  We bantered back and forth a bit while he tossed a football in the air.  I prayed to God he wouldn't throw it to me as I'm Jewish.  We touched upon some great stuff.  For one,  I should have done my homework as WWTDD.com is just one of many sites owned my Spin Media.  The Superficial is another.  Talk about my shot at greatness.  We discussed my speciality.  I said mockery.  He asked my dreams and aspirations.  I said to write on a sitcom.  He told me I was too old and white and would never be hired.  After that we talked a bit about nothing and he then told me he has 10,000 writers for celebrity mockery.  He needs me to have a niche.  I told him I could write obituaries.  What is my niche?  I talk out my ass half the time and would hardly call me an expert on anything.

At this point I just have to wait for one of the 10,000 current writers to die.  Then I get my chance in the sun.

My version of air quotes.  Only funny to two people.  One I stole it from.

3 comments:

regan said...

Hilarious air quotes!!!

Anonymous said...

Next mannequin includes oval-shaped website and even enters in polarized dark and even dreary tones. Comprised of hublot replica sale, that polarized oval-shaped Silhouette Rimless 5076 Clip-on is without a doubt cool and even purposeful. In addition to the presenting 100% UV coverage and even cutting out glare, a lot of these Silhouette Sunglasses can be worthy of implement with distinctive lighting products issues on top of that. Secure Silhouette Sunglasses, Silhouette Eyeglass glasses, and even stylish medication sunglasses within minimal fees as a result of Most beneficial Order Sunglasses. That dictionary’s specific description in ‘shoes’ is without a doubt named products in rolex replica. Then they take to go into detail where did they can be distressed to guard a person belonging to the land surface one walk around the block for so to help in attempting to keep a person nice. At present if you happen to was to help you require a female everything that ‘shoes’ can be on many occasions they'd very likely option highly cartier replica. Boots for one lovely women aren’t designed for helpful implement, some people aren’t suitable end up pleasant so to you want to keep base nice. Boots can be required as being a designer proclamation, to help make a person be like many bodyweight, they are really suitable totally balance ones own quite as amazing rolex replica, they are really suitable try to make ones own thighs and legs start looking much time and even sexy. Boots for one lovely women can be a lot more than ‘footwear’ they are really everything that hopes are made from using, they are really miraculous and even irreplaceable, they are really boots you choose to might cartier replica one alot more take pleasure in and even treatment rather than your honey could very well ever in your life deliver, they are really ‘shoes’.

swiss replica watches said...

At the same time, the initial and even unmistakable Breil outlines bring in the fact when using the make any difference. Mostly, an individual's material, visibility alongside power happen to be bodily alongside Swiss Replica Watches physical things that represent the very agency and likewise lasting relationship amongst the item and its particular proprietor. Breil view design and style merges richness, fashion, traditional factors in conjunction with initial essentials, constant pursuit of shapes, solutions and colorings. The Breil see became among the many best replica watches UK very the majority contemporary together with trendy well-known in Italia and plenty of the rest on the earth. This sorts of brand identity is amongst first option for numerous observe followers, who wish the style together with elegance Replica Ulysse Nardin watches UK within the world on their arms. Extremely beautiful and sophisticated Breil initiated coverage of that will serve among the many fake Zenith watches UK nearly most of argued diamond jewelry watching providers in these instances the community. fake IWC watches