Friday, August 02, 2013

Anything for a friend

Recently my friend Dave (looks like a poor man's Joe Rogan) asked me to introduce him to a former colleague of  mine in the hopes that she could help him with a job at her company.  Being that I really am a good guy I sent the following email:

Alex,


My friend Dave has run out of girls to date on match.com and is now doing a full court press on LinkdIn. He noticed we were connected and was hoping for an intro. I said sure. He's mostly into anal and never calling a girl back so this should work out perfectly.

In all seriousness (at least for me) Dave did ask me today if I knew you from XXXXX not realizing we shared a cube for years. Anyway he saw a posting for a job in your NYC office and was hoping for an intro. He's good people and would do a much better job than I ever would. Try to help him out if you can. I would appreciate it. At the very least post a picture of yourself spitting on his résumé on Instagram.
Dave,
The balls in your court.

For some reason Dave didn't get the job.  Maybe next time.
I'm out of practice picking pictures that represent the essence of my posts!

No comments: