Monday, August 12, 2013

Black Ninja

I don't know why all the good summer shows are on Sunday.  I basically blow my load watching them all in one night and end up having nothing to do the rest of the week.  Case in point, Saturday night I was so bored I was forced to rent G.I.Joe Retaliation.  Now we can discuss what a pile of shit this movie is until we're blue in the face and there is a good argument that it was about time that I gave up thinking "knowing is half the battle", but really we should address the bigger problem at hand.

That problem is black ninjas.  I'm not talking about ninjas in black outfits.  I'm talking about black people playing ninjas, specifically RZA of the Wu Tang Clan.  For those of you who were smart enough not to pay $4.99 to rent this shit show, RZA plays a Japanese ninja master.  Not once in this movie do they mention the how or the why a ninja master living on mountain in Japan is black. I'm all for suspension of disbelief, but this just takes it a step too far.  They might as well had an ostridge holding a sword squawking Japanese at Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes.  It really ruined it for me.  When the movie was over, I pulled my pants up, and thought to myself my night really can't get any worse.  Oh how I was wrong.  While channel surfing I came across The Man with Iron Fists.  Once again RZA was on my TV screen performing all sorts of hong kong phooey as a black slave who escapes to Japan.  Still not as believable as a ostridge teaching me the way of the samurai, but thank you RZA for at least giving some back story.

Now either RZA is the most powerful man in Hollywood or he has been typecast because no one wants to hire Asians.  It reminds me of when boys would play the parts of girls in Shakespeare.  Personally I only like to see black people holding swords sideways in rap videos, but the times they are a changing.


*Update*
I picked the picture of Forest Whitaker from Ghost Dog as a joke.  Jake just informed me that RZA played a ninja in that movie too.  I figured he was mistaken since to most white people all ninjas look alike, but he's right!  Black Ninja for life!

1 comment:

cheap replica watches said...

At the present with effort while these superior quality knives had been enjoying all the pinnacle with success, Karl switched its awareness of offer very top wristwatch there may so her wonderful advantageous operate bought birth replica chanel handbags to Europe Informed service timepieces that could be currently of about the recognition with his cheap fake Richard Mille watches chef's knives. Eventually, numerous types alongside unique variations finished up integrated to distinctive to line of most of these popular devices. These somewhat designer devices using decent appears along replica Tag Heuer watches by means of fantastic economy made the store's Swiss Informed best IWC replica watches service supplier best imitation Panerai watches a group their own individual. The couple of blades combined with designer devices however reveal an identical famous label together with outstanding reputable, the precise Swiss Affiliate marketer designer devices are a lot of actions prior to.