Monday, May 01, 2006

First day of retirement

Today is the first day of the rest of the week. I know, I could say it is the first day of the rest of my life, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. Except for the part about not having any money, I could get used to not working. So far today I have exercised my limbs, purchased two books, and had a nice relaxing lunch. I see a two hour nap in the near future.

For those who are interested, I bought the following books:
'Indecision' by Benjamin Kunkel
'The Lovely Bones' by Alice Sebold

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barry, you need to work on your editing skills. 'Use' should be 'used,' but otherwise I enjoy your blog daily. You should be able to make some money from your writing, or if your friend could sell one of your shows.

Anonymous said...

Indecision I understand...

But why The Lovely Bones?

pity_meals said...

I've read The Lovely Bones--it's REALLY good. Now we can talk about book, yippee!

Anonymous said...

You bought 'The Lovely Bones'?

When you turned in your badge at Toyota, did you also give back your manhood as well?

Anonymous said...

The person attempting to insult your manhood is opining anonymously?

Oh, sweet irony...

Barry said...

In my defense, all I did was pick up the book and read the jacket. I figured why not.