Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Family Nightmare

I am sure some of you have been wondering why I have been M.I.A. lately. I am down in Florida for a family emergency. My father (only 61) had a stroke and a heart attack while showering on Friday. No one found him until Saturday. He is in a trauma ward at the hospital and it is touch and go to see how he recovers. It is a difficult time for me because he was young and if he had just taken better care of himself he would have been fine. I am praying that he gets better and has a nice long enjoyable life.

Let me just say thanks to everyone who has called with their support.

Barry

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barry:

Skipper told me about the whole thing yesterday. I hope everything gets better and I wish your father a speedy recovery...

R

Anonymous said...

wow man - your call makes more sense now. I think in situations like this, you might have a better shot at getting that info. Let me dig in a little and get back with you.

D

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your dad B. Take care and I hope he gets better soon.

Chris

8675309 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
8675309 said...

I'm sorry to hear that, Barry -- my dad doesn't take care of himself either, and he's paying the consequences as well. My prayers are with your family.

jenny

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your father - I hope he recovers soon.

Mike

Shinykatie said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your dad, Barry. I hope he gets better soon. X Katie