Friday, May 26, 2006

Mutant Power: Dork

I am not afraid to admit that I just got back from seeing X-Men 3. That’s right I went to the 12:20 AM showing. It was me and a bunch of other comic book losers who couldn’t wait another day to see the movie. Seeing a movie in the middle of the night is an experience. I sat next to a couple of people wearing their pajamas. I am all for being comfortable in your surroundings but come on. Granted they were five year olds. Now I am very tired and just about ready to go to sleep to hopefully dream about a better tomorrow where mutants and humans can coexist in harmony, but before I do, I figured it would be best to tell you the parts of the movie that I felt were definitely worth my $11.50 not including money spent on peanut M&Ms:

1. Scene where Beast flips his Viper on the PCH. The special effects were amazing. I am not sure how they simulated the drugs in Fraiser, I mean Beast’s system.
2. Close up of Storm having sex with that mutant Billy Bob Thorton. They never did explain what Billy Bob’s power was. I have a feeling it had something to do with the ability to get women out of his league.
3. Really sad scene where Jean Grey reveals that she is a man. (Nip/Tuck reference. I hate to spell it out for you but I didn’t know who would get it.)
4. Musical number where Wolverine belts out show tunes. Not sure how this fit into the plot.
5. Love the scene where Professor Charles Xavier helps Captain Kirk save the universe.
6. Great dialogue in the scene where Rogue explains the horror of seeing Harvey Keitel’s penis.
7. Kudos to Brett Ratner for giving Bullet Tooth Tony the opportunity to expand his acting chops as Juggernaut. I know it is early but I smell Oscar.
8. Cruel, cruel world when will you learn you should not persecute Magneto? He is Jewish and he is gay. The man has suffered enough.
9. And finally, I was sad to see they were able to cure Mystique by replacing John Stamos with Jerry O’Connell. Is that really a cure?

Now please forgive me if I missed a key plot item or if my grammer is terrible. It is 3:17 in the morning and I am looking at the big picture anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But did you see the secret scene after the credits?

Barry said...

Of course

Anonymous said...

Awesome. But what about the killer fight scene between Gandalf and Count Dooku?