Tuesday, May 23, 2006

It only took three weeks to make me unemployable

As I have mentioned before I like to interview so that I know I am still wanted, at least by a few people…poor, poor self-esteem. A recruiter called me yesterday to see if I would be interested in doing a phone interview with some local financial company. I had no interest in the job, but when it comes to making myself feel important, I can never waste enough time. The recruiter gave me the typical nonsense about answering questions positively, blah, blah, blah. One key thing the recruiter mentioned was that I should research the company because the interviewer would definitely ask what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work for them. I listened to the recruiter but all I could think was, she must think I am a dumb ass.

Anyway, the interview was this morning. Can you guess the first question?
"So what can you tell me about our company?"
I am not sure what went through my head but I drew a complete blank.
"I am sorry but your website was down when I tried to do research last night."

Do you think I will have a second interview?

It only took me three weeks to go completely brain dead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you shitting me?
write down some notes beforehand and show up to your interview with a notepad.

Barry said...

It was a phone interview for a job I had no interest in. Give me a break!