Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Mother knows best

Today my mom asked me if I had found a new job yet. According to her, two days should have been enough time to find something interesting to do. Sadly, I told her I was no closer to figuring out what I wanted to do. I did have lots of comments about what I didn't want do. Namely, put on an outfit deemed 'business casual.' Anyway, Sybil did have one piece of advice that is so insane it just might work. She thought it would be a good idea for me to place an ad (didn't specify where) stating my desire to find a job that was 'interesting.' You have to wonder if that was my entire ad, what kind of responses I would get. How many people would offer me latex costumes to wear while screaming at me in German?

Here is my first crack at my job wanted ad:

Thirty-year-old aimless male seeks interesting job. Flexible hours are a must. Preferably 11AM to 2PM. Every other Friday off. Starting salary over $100K is fine. Full benefits are required. Prefer office with a window. If you know anyone looking for such a person, I am your guy. Call or email me, just not too early, I like to sleep in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds perfect for Craigs List...not sure if it should be placed under "jobs" or "casual encounters" but try both and see what you get.

Anonymous said...

Awesome...