Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Neighborhood Watch

People who don't work make the best crime fighters. Well maybe not the best crime fighters, but they certainly make great nosy neighbors. I am sort of like Gladys Kravitz from 'BeWitched.' I peer through the blinds as real life goes on outside. For example, today I learned that my neighbor across the street is sick of his girlfriend. He threw her out the front door in what I would have to assume were her pajamas. As she cried in the street, a high heel sailed out the window into traffic. Pure class I tell you. I have also learned that my neighbor upstairs has wooden legs. There is no other explanation for how he could make so much noise just walking around.

"Abner, Abner, come quick, the neighbors are staring back at me through the blinds."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Bewitched reference!! Just make sure that you do stay inside to avoid taking a heel to the head while on your daily unemployment adventure.

Anonymous said...

Working from home can have that same effect on you...which might explain why my upstairs neighbors recently moved out.

A second kudos on the Bewitched reference. What was that annoying neighbor's name...Gladys?

Barry said...

Yes it was Gladys. By the way am I the only person who liked the BeWitched movie with Nicole Kidman?

Anonymous said...

yes, you are the only one who liked that movie. how can you have a bewitched movie without Paul Lynde? the DVD set might be worth it just for his scenes.

Barry said...

Is he even alive?