Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Why yes, I would love to work at your company!

Having no job or money can make the old self esteem falter. During those hard times, there is nothing like a job interview for a quick pick me up. It seems that I really shine when a person questioning me has nothing to go on but the words coming out of my mouth and a resume that I copied out of a book. Can you guess the lies?

1. I am a hard worker.
2. I like being part of a team.
3. In five years I see myself running a shop like this.
4. I have no problem working more than 40 hours a week.
5. I would never use the Internet for personal use.
6. I take criticism well.
7. I just want to be in a place where I can add value.

If you guessed that all of the above were lies, I don't want a job at your company anyway.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Compulsive--Albeit Highly Talented in Other Regards--Liar,

Please check out this website in the off chance that perhaps...perchance...permaybe...you'll even remotely consider entrepreneurship.

Escape from Cubicle Nation

Because lying is--always--ultimately bad, not only for your soul, but for your complexion...

With warm regards from the corporate trenches,

Rod

pity_meals said...

It's not really lying, I believe the correct term is bullshitting.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to leave an arbitrary comment about you not riding your bike, given the title of the blog, however, I'm sure that would start a shitstorm of comments from you about the same on my end. Thing is, I work and you don't. You have time to be riding every day. So - what's the deal?

Barry said...

the point of the blog isn't riding. Hey I occasionally get out there. Don't you read? I pooped in the woods the other day.