Monday, February 06, 2006

Oh My Darlin', Clementine

I am a bit of a one trick pony. I find a restaurant that I like and I go there over and over again. Just take a look at my love affair with Mr. Cecil's. I can't get enough of those ribs. Week after week, ribs, ribs, and more ribs.

I can't believe I am admitting this but there is a place that has made me not care about ribs. As I sit here rubbing my stomach from an awesome dinner I feel it is necessary to share with the world what made my belly so happy. My joy came from a little place in Century City called Clementine. They serve seasonal fresh food, which means the menu changes every couple of months. It is nothing short of amazing. Let me describe my dinner so you can get an idea of why I am in love. I started off with hearty bean and chicken soup, followed by a rare roast beef sandwich with horseradish mustard dressing, marinated onions and arugula on rustic bread. For dessert I had a hot chocolate with home made marshmallows and a sampling of their fresh baked cookies. All right I can't describe anything else. I am too fat right now to keep my eyes open. Check out the current menu and some pictures of the baked goods at Clementine Online. I promise you will not be disappointed. However, I make no promises that you won’t be in a diabetic coma after you eat there.

No comments: