Monday, February 20, 2006

Han Solo's Filling Station

I just had dinner at Ford's Filling Station in Culver City. Harrison Ford’s son owns the restaurant. Not the son with Ally McBeal, but one of the older ones from a previous marriage. I think his mom is Carrie Fisher or Karen Allen, but don't quote me on that.

At this point I am not sure how I feel about the Filling Station. The atmosphere was great and I liked the food. I am even willing to let the fact that our reservation was lost slide. They have only been open a week, so there are some kinks that need working out. The main problem I had with the place was the fact I told myself I was only going to get an $11 burger and ended up ordering the $25 Lamb. Don't get me wrong; the lamb was great, I just didn't think I would end up spending $50 on dinner on a Monday night. Granted, no one held a gun to my head to also order a salad and butterscotch pudding. Aside from the cost, I think the place is worth a try.

On another note, am I the only person who has noticed that butterscotch pudding is having a renaissance? As far as I know up until a few months ago if you wanted good butterscotch pudding you had better live near a store that sells MY*T*Fine brand pudding. The stuff is awesome. Unfortunately, it is not sold in California. I usually get a few boxes when I am back east. Anyway, now it seems butterscotch pudding is becoming a trendy dessert. Not only does Ford's Filling Station serve it, but Clementine as well. I predict big things coming from this pudding. Mark my words.

3 comments:

Uncle Packles said...

How is butterscotch pudding anyway?

Anonymous said...

I think Han isn't writing any checks for this one. And Ben is from the first marriage, before Ford married Melissa Mathieson. For's is notoriously cheap and refused to keep helping the last place, which was great.

Barry said...

It kinda tastes like heaven