Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My Doppelganger?

I was just sitting here minding my own business when an instant message popped up from one of my brother's past lady friends. We will call her Skye, as I am sure she wouldn't want her real identity disclosed. We went through the standard formalities of hello, how are you, etc. Then she dropped the real reason she was writing. Over the weekend Skye saw a band called Of Montreal, and was convinced I was playing bass. She really wondered why when she screamed "Barry," the bassist never looked at her. I assured her that I had no musical talent and she must have been mistaken. Skye then proceeded to send me a link to the bands website. I am a bit insulted by what she thinks I look like but hell it made me laugh and that counts for something. If you would like to join in on the mockery, here is the pic of my stunt double: The guy in glasses

On a less mocking note, Skye did have this to say about my blog: "You're insightful and hilarious, with a touch of sentimentality". Or was that more mockery? Who cares.

1 comment:

Benny said...

Speaking of text rolex replica uk seemed to want the new for 2018 reference 126660 to look similar to the outgoing 116660, so it kept one of the original Deepsea's most controversial features. That is a silver rehaut ring around the dial which contains two phrases being rolex replica referring to the automatic helium release valve and rolex replica sale which refers to how the case is constructed to ensure such high levels of water resistance. The silver ring itself is actually part of the Ring Lock and is a "high-performance replica watches uk stainless steel ring." Honestly, when you wear the watch you quickly forget that it is there, but in truth rolex replica didn't need to remind the wearer at each glance of the dial that the timepiece contains these parts/systems. I'm usually not one to complain about too much text, but I am not sure the text on the Ring Lock needed to be there.