Saturday, August 12, 2006

My own damn fault: Night Listener Review

Robin Williams owes me $10.50. I just saw 'The Night Listener' and I want my money back. Like most things in my life that make no sense, I spend one day mocking the guy's lack of talent and drinking problem and the next shelling out cash to see him act in what could easily have passed for a Lifetime movie. Not that there is anything wrong with Lifetime . . . it's just the lack of Valerie Bertinelli really threw me off.




Quick synopsis:

Robin Williams plays a gay radio host who is having trouble with his relationship with Bobby Cannavale. A young listener befriends Williams. Listener turns out to be Toni Collette pretending to be Rory Culkin. End of story.

My version:

Popeye gets dumped when Will's boyfriend realizes he isn't into bears. Muriel finally realizes no one will marry let alone have children with her so she creates an adoptive son in her head. Popeye gets so coked up he believes anything. End of story.

Final point:

If you're at the ticket counter and trying to decide between Little Miss Sunshine and The Night Listener, I think you know what to do.

No comments: