Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Just put it on the Underhills' tab

"Yes, very good. I'll have a Bloody Mary and a steak sandwich and... a steak sandwich, please."

Every other day I like to check my bank account balance online. I somehow have this fantasy of it going up for no reason. I just checked it, and to my surprise I am doing a lot of shopping at the Gap and Speedy Lube, $214.99 to be exact. I am kind of dumbfounded by my recent purchases since I hate the Gap and all service on my car is included for free while it is under warranty. I am also dumbfounded by the fact that even though I am in New York and my bankcard is in my wallet, purchases are being made in Los Angeles. Thankfully my account was depleted of funds before a second purchase at the Gap could be made. Don't think the magical money spender didn't try. If someone is clever enough to figure out how to use my bankcard without even having the card in their possession, why do they have to steal for a living? They are already smarter than me and I have proven anyone can get a job.

Bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same thing happened to me. Someone was "using my card" in Vegas, even though my card was safely in my wallet in Washington, DC. Bank of America hooked me up though - gave it all back without much hassle. Good times.

Anonymous said...

I hope you like the khakis I bought you- extra pleats, right?

M