Friday, October 07, 2011

Birthday Dinner with my brother

For my birthday my brother decided to take me for fancy sushi. I know it should have been my choice, but it's best he gets his way. I showed up at his place and he of course came out looking his best. By best I mean he was wearing gym shorts, a tee shirt, and hadn't shaved in three weeks. Seriously I have seen cleaner looking homeless people. If you don't believe me, drive down Santa Monica Blvd in Beverly Hills. There is a homeless man who wears a nicely pressed suit on the north side of the street. So back to the story, my brother and I hop in the car and cruise over to the restaurant. Only in LA could we be sitting next to Scotty Pippen at one light and the CEO of Tesla at another. I can't confirm either of these sightings but I am 92% sure. The supposed CEO of Tesla was driving a Tesla with a personalized plate that said Tesla so I am saying it was too much of a coincidence to not be him. Scotty Pippen was driving a car shaped like a basketball so once again I assume I am right.

So on to the meal. The sushi was great and there isn't too much to report other than the fact that the place is owned and operated by one very drunk, very angry, Japanese man. With that said, if you eat there you keep your head down, enjoy the fish, have a few drinks, and get out. Of course that would be too easy for my brother. He notices that a couple at the sushi bar got some sort of cooked fish and his brain exploded. Why aren't they giving that to us? Personally, I don't want cooked fish at a sushi restaurant. It sort of defeats the purpose of why I am there in the first place, but I digress. Here is the transcript of my brother, me, and the sushi chef and why I will never be going there again:

Lewis: Hiro, pllllllllleeeeeease make me the cooked fish (whiniest voice you can imagine)
Hiro: UUUUUHHHHHHH, you know I am the only one working in the kitchen. If I make fish in back, people must wait for sushi.
Lewis: Pllllllllllllleeeease, it's my brother's birthday!!! (even whinier)
Hiro: UUUUUUHHHH, fine
Barry: Uh thanks (didn't want the cooked fish)

Side conversation:
Barry: I will never come here again.
Lewis: Why?
Barry: Because you just begged for food in a fancy restaurant so I am ashamed. Plus, he gave you attitude. I hate you you both. Thanks for dinner.

Otherwise I had a delicious meal and I appreciate my brother taking me exactly where he wanted to go for his, I mean my birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come none of this surprises me.

Louis Vuitton Cases For iPhone 6 Plus said...

Apple has had a relationship with Liquidmetal for years now but done little with it, yet in a surprise move MacRumors has spotted that the Cupertino company has renewed its exclusive rights to use Liquidmetal.