Thursday, July 27, 2006

Say it ain't so!

Rare Biking post:

Earlier this week I wanted to write a piece about Floyd Landis being a Mennonite and winning the Tour de France. I wasn't sure what one had to do with the other, but I figured I could perhaps pull some humor out of it. I read all the articles about him before the race started, how he was going to be the winner, how he was the next big thing from America. As the race went on I was amazed at his ups and downs and how the guy needed a new hip yet was still able to win. Hell, my aunt needs a new hip and I would be amazed if she could just get out of the car with ease (Sorry, Ruthie!). After Floyd won I did some research on Wikipedia about Mennonites and it didn't seem that weird to me after all. There was a lot about volunteering, pacifism, and caring about your fellow man. Odd beliefs in the time we live in. Anyway, today it is all over the news that Landis doped. At least that is what they are saying now. They still need to test his B-samples of blood. I really hope this is just a witch-hunt. People need something to believe in and if he cheated it is going to kill the morale of the loyal American fans of the tour.

Hell, I still try and believe Tyler Hamilton is innocent.


This reminds me of the great cheating scandal of 1980. I told my dentist I was able to solve his Rubik's cube. His receptionist caught me in the waiting room peeling the stickers. I just couldn't come back from that. No one could!

No comments: