Monday, July 17, 2006

London Calling

Over the last few weeks it seems that unrest and turmoil in the world has come to a boiling point. Could it be caused by the summer heat? The situation in the Middle East kind of reminds me of the scene in 'Do The Right Thing' when Mookie throws a trash can through the window of Sal's Pizzeria. Racial tension and a hot summer day just don't seem to mix. At a horrible time like this everyone seems to be taking sides. No matter what your opinion is, I know one politician we can all stand behind. The mayor of London really cares about humanity. As the Arab nations try to eradicate the world of the Jewish populace, Mayor Ken Livingston is trying to rid London of pigeons. Coincidence? I think not. I see a global conspiracy here. I used to joke that I would someday be elected to mayor of New York on the promise of ridding the city of flying rats. I never finished my campaign poster with a picture of me wearing a flamethrower.

London Mayor hates Pigeons

**This blog does not endorse the killing of pigeons, Jews, or Arabs.

*** I asked my friend's eighty-six year old mother, who is hard of hearing, what she thought about what was going on in the Middle East. Her response (sans hearing aid) "I am a slow eater."

No comments: