Friday, January 30, 2009

Conjunction Junction, What's Your Function!

I would hardly say I'm a connoisseur of fine music. Unless you think Britney Spears' "Hit Me One More time" is classic rock. Pretty much if it's on the radio and Ryan Seacrest is introducing it, I have listened to it intently. Maybe it isn't that bad. To the point, I had the opportunity to see a Jazz quartet perform the other night and I must say I really enjoyed it. It was Jack Sheldon and his band. For those of you who don't know or care about Jazz, I will let you in on an interesting fact about Jack Sheldon. He was the voice behind "Conjunction Junction, What's Your Function" and "I Am Just a Bill on Capitol Hill." Oh yeah, and he played the trumpet on the Merv Griffin show. If seeing the greatest performer that was on during commercials while watching the Smurfs in 1982 isn't cool, I don't know what is. Another interesting fact about Jack Sheldon is that he has had terrible tragedies in his life yet is one of the most talented musicians I have ever seen. I think two of his kids died or was it that he was a coke head? Don't quote me on anything, ever but it does bring up some other scientific research I have been doing. See chart below:

Jack Sheldon performs every Wednesday night at Charlie O's in the Valley. I recommend getting there early, having a couple of drinks, and watching him between sets, tell the old women in the audience they have nice tits. My new hero.

No comments: