Monday, September 26, 2011

When I grow up I am going to be just like you

There is nothing worse in life than realizing you are just like your parents. I know there are exceptions but most people go their whole lives hoping to be better than at least one parent. For me I want it mostly to rub it in their faces when they come to visit. Recently though I have begun to realize that I might be exactly like my mother. Not in everything, but in one very detrimental way. I don't think I have a good grasp of the spoken word. This post really should be an audio post to get my point across but let me give you some examples of my mom and words that in her seventy years of existence she is unable to say:
Curb - She says curve. I have no idea why but once a week she likes to tell me how she put her trash out at the curve.
Library - She says libary. No clue what is going on here.
Gelson's Super Market - She say's Gleeson's. I guess this one can be chalked up to the fact that she lives in New Jersey and just can't remember the market out here. One point for mom.
And the best one of all:
Schvartze - I am not sure why she can't pronounce the derogatory term for a black person in Yiddish, but she says Shratza. I know she shouldn't be using the word to begin with but cut her some slack she is old and no one knows what she is saying anyway. Again, this would be much funnier if this was an audio post.

Now I have many examples for how I am just like my mom, but I only feel like sharing the one from two days ago. I called Hanukkah Gelt, guilt. I was called out almost instantly. Embarrassed all I could say in response is "That's what I said!!!!"

I wasn't fooling anyone. It's a sad day when the only person that understands you is your mom.

1 comment:

Benny said...

As mentioned above, due to the huge advance in technology movie effects and rolex replica uk have become more complex. As a result, many individuals have started collecting genuine movie hublot replica uk, suits, mask, and many more different movie related equipment. Therefore, today many people dedicate themselves to not only purchasing replica equipment to increase their fake rolex sale but many individuals started creating business whose products are replicas. Obtaining movie replicas may not be the easiest thing to do if you want to go to rolex replica uk and purchase a genuine Iron-Man mask. However, if you have access to the internet shopping for equipment just became a much easier task. Why. Throughout the years, the internet has become a place where you can purchase almost anything form the convenience of your home, and replica watches sale equipment is not an exception.