Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Economy 2.0

So I have reached a tough time in my life. After five years of work building the most powerful website in the world, I am being let go. I know, it came as a shock to me too. Turns out being a contractor who is paid a shit load of cash will only fly for five years before they realize you aren't needed. So now it is time for me to pound the pavement and find work doing something else. The problem is I really liked where I worked. No one cared when I came in or when I left or maybe that is why I am being let go. Anyway, I was talking to Jake and I through out the idea of hanging out in front of Home Depot and maybe spending some time as a day laborer. He laughed in my face and said you don't have a shot in hell of getting picked up to do manual labor. I of course asked, is it because I am white? He said, no you fool, it's because you have zero skills. They will ask if you can lay tile or put up drywall and you will just look at them with a shit eating grin and say no. Damn he is right. I still want to believe it's because I am white and they are worried I am a serial killer.

"Shit, we can't pick that guy up. He is white and odds are he is either going to want to talk all day or he is going to cut our heads off and eat our brains when I ask him to dig a line trench to put sprinklers in."

We currently have a $100 bet as to whether anyone would pick me up. My last day at work is the 30th so I am hoping to do this the first week of October. Maybe on my birthday!

Stay tuned for my other brilliant ideas on how to get the ideal job.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They may be within fairly neutral shades suchand product. Nowadays, an individual usage of an ever-increasing cartier replica sale regarding web marketers which usually advertise their particular goods and provide these with cost-effective costs. Longchamp hand bags Singapore purchasing coming from on the web resource ensure it is a straightforward venture to find various kinds since they will be offered together with information and also every one of the additional information in regards to the rado replica. Acquiring with cost-effective costs making use of on the web resource could even enable you to enhance the assortment as you can easily simply obtain further variety of hublot replica with smaller fees. Be mindful when coming up with these kinds of acquisitions on the web, specially when rates seem rewarding and also also low-cost being correct. High end items organizations just like Gucci by no means offer you special discounts. They will need not. That is why the particular hublot replica sale is a superb destination for a locate discounts about water-proof watchand some other components. Typically, females favor bags plants and also concurrently, usually do not supply the atmosphere of being at the top. Many omega replica sale really like some subtlety in which attracts the awareness of the hand, however, not significantly.