Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Happy New Year and local drunks

So first off I must wish all the Jewish readers a Happy New Year. I am calling it right now, this is the year of the Jew. Expect big things from my people.

Now on to local drunks. Yesterday I came to the realization that when I am no longer working I am going to have to find a classy bar to hang out in if I decide that being an alcoholic is in my future. I left work at 3:00 to have a few drinks at a local bar. I am not going to mention the bar's name because if for the off chance one of the local scumbags that hangs out there has a computer and on the off chance knows how to turn it on and find this website, I don't really feel like being repeatedly stabbed in the throat while the guy tells me I deserve it.

So I go to this local bar (best described as the Always Sunny bar, if the show had no budget) that is very dog friendly and I sit outside with my mutt. I am sitting there enjoying a beer with Regan (friend/coworker/red hair) when my dog decides to throw up on the cement patio. I get up to go inside to ask the bartender for some paper towels when a regular who can best be described as an extra on Breaking Bad screams at me to clean up my dog's vomit. The best part about this wiry retard isn't his homemade tattoos or that he is wearing a wife beater. It's the fact that he has a British accent. I assure the fine patron that I am going inside to get some cleaning supplies to clean the mess up. The British Meth Head screams GOOD as I walk inside. I explain to the bartender what happened and ask her if she has any paper towels. She tells me that she too is a dog owner and that she will not let me clean it up and wants to take care of it herself. I try to get her to let me, but she says absolutely not. I thank her and walk back outside. Of course as soon as I walk on the patio the British idiot screams "Why aren't you cleaning it up?" I explain to him that the bartender wouldn't let me and she wanted to come out and see. He mutters in some cockney accent and I go back to my beer. The bartender comes out and cleans up the mess in two seconds and tells me not to worry and gives my dog a pet. While she is doing this, the reason we won the revolution, comes over and shakes my hand and says no hard feelings, but you should have gone to the convenience store, bought paper towels and cleaned it up yourself. I say nothing, I just look at Regan and say we are out of here. I seriously will never return to this shithole again. Some will say it is because I will no longer work walking distance from the dump, others will know its because I hate the British.

Next stop in my world-win tour of depression is Outlaws. You might remember it from when I saw Anthony Michael Hall there the day before. It is only two miles away but it has a much more subdued crowd. The bartender even told me that they get a bunch of local losers celebrities. Everyone from Anthony Michael Hall to Tara Reid. There was even mention of Ed O'Neil but I think he is too classy for the joint. After having a few beers there, Regan and I decided it was time to call it a day. We were on our way to clocking out when out of nowhere this 500 pound drunk guy accosts us in the parking lot.

Drunk Guy - Sally
Regan - No
Drunk Guy - Sandy
Regan - No
Drunk Guy - Cindy
Regan - No
Drunk Guy - Samantha
Regan - No
Drunk Guy - I'm sorry, have a drink with me.
Regan - Sorry, me and my boyfriend Barry are leaving.
Drunk Guy (pointing in my direction) - He's your boyfriend?
Regan - Yeah
Drunk Guy - Is he a Jew?
Regan - Yes, I mean No. Yes, No, does it matter?
Drunk Guy - Barry, have a drink with me.
Barry - I have to go. (hops in car, locks door)
Drunk Guy - Stumbles in Outlaws to enjoy his life

Seriously, I need better places to hang out. With that said, I am going to Outlaws in twenty minutes if anyone wants to join me. Happy New Year!!!

No comments: