Monday, June 22, 2009

Too much of a loser to be a nerd

All year I've been dreaming of Comic-con. Where else can a seemingly harmless man as myself get his picture taken with a black woman dressed as Wonder-Woman while on his way to the bathroom? It's a simple pleasure that I was hoping to enjoy. In the past, I would drive down to San Diego while wearing my Darth Maul face paint, go up to the counter, buy a ticket, and spend the next four hours not being judged. But noooooooooo, not this time. This year the elf wizard, level ten, behind Comic-con decided to sell tickets exclusively online. No sales at the door for the guy who wants to pretend going is a spur of the moment decision. After much anguish, I decided to use the interweb and purchase a ticket online. The pain of having to commit months in advance was so great I had to double my therapy sessions for the week. Well the boys of Lamda, Lamda, Lamda got the last laugh. The show has been sold out for months. I have no way of getting in. I am going to put on my batman pajamas and cry.

No comments: