Thursday, June 25, 2009

Our school system has failed

Sitting around work we were discussing the general hotness of Puerto Rican women or at least that was what I was thinking about while everyone else was discussing getting stabbed at the Puerto Rican day parade, when a co-worker asked if the island of Puerto Rico was off the coast of New York. At first I thought she was joking but based on the look on her face I soon realized this was no joke. She was serious. I distinctly remember in 4th grade geography the teacher pointing out on a map where Puerto Rico was so we would know to never go there. I am joking. I have been there and I loved it. To give my friend the benefit of the doubt since she reads this blog I will assume she skipped fourth grade because her brain was too advanced.

Later in the day I asked her if she knew where Israel was. She said she never heard of it and asked if it was near Palestine as she spun a globe on her desk from 1938.

2 comments:

COL said...

PR brought to us the mystical beauties that were Brenda, Lisa and Nilda Levin. I remember the chaos in their house and Nilda's tacky crystal figurines. She made us chocolate chip pancakes which was pretty sweet, tho.

Brenda said...

Wow, Col you dare mention my name on this blog.
The Puerto Rican in me wants to cut your face but the Jew in me just wants to do your taxes.