Sunday, February 08, 2009

Live Coverage of the 28th Annual Grammy Awards

My Grammy Party has gone off without a hitch. Randy brought the best pate. As they announce each award I am at the edge of my seat. I could die. Here is the rundown so far:

Record of the Year
Quincy Jones (producer) for "We Are the World" performed by USA for Africa
Album of the Year
Hugh Padgham (producer) & Phil Collins (producer & artist) for No Jacket Required
Song of the Year
Michael Jackson & Lionel Richie (songwriters) for "We Are the World" performed by USA for Africa
Best New Artist
Sade

Blues
Best Traditional Blues Recording
B. B. King for "My Guitar Sings the Blues"

Children's
Best Recording for Children
Jim Henson & Steve Buckingham (producers) for Follow That Bird - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack performed by the Sesame Street cast

I just loved Follow That Bird. I am so glad it won. I have my fingers crossed for
Mike Berniker & the original Broadway cast from Ma Rainey's Black Bottom to win Best Spoken Word or Non-musical Recording.

More coverage as the results come in . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was rooting for DJ Jazzy Jeff for best rapper

Chuck Mangione for best jazz