Thursday, February 26, 2009

Is anything sacred?

I am getting sick and tired of all the remakes coming out. Why is Hollywood allowing classic after classic to be reimagined into pure deuce? I feel I might be personally to blame. I mean when Can't Buy Me Love was remade into Love Don't Cost a Thing I did nothing. My inactivity with regards to this plagiarism reminds me of how I was during WW2. I even wrote a poem about it.
When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

Well now I am speaking out. I have reached my breaking point. The classic art film Street Fighter has been stripped of all its class and creativity via Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li. Street Fighter was Raul Julia's crowning achievement. It was so good, he never made another movie after it. Doesn't that tell the executives in Hollywood something? We must stop this now before it gets any worse.

Too late - plans for a new version of The Neverending Story are under way.

2 comments:

Randy Sexer said...

Jake-

Well done, as usual.

Note: You accidentally posted under Barry's name

Randy Sexer said...

Jake I don't know how you hijacked Barry's account, but you are a genius!!!

*stands and applauds Jake's brilliance*