Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Crime and Punishment


The Crime: Having a job
The Punishment: A meal at Maggiano's in Atlanta with coworkers

When I was a young boy sitting in front of our Zenith TV that also served as the only piece of furniture in the house that was real wood, I dreamt of one day being an important business man who traveled the world. I was thinking a cross between James Bond and Clint Eastwood from Every Which Way But Loose. Never in my wildest dreams did I see myself sitting at a table with vats of pasta in front of me while coworkers clad in standard issue Banana Republic discussed how good everything was.

During the meal, to hide the tears of failure, I day dreamed about wearing a tuxedo, while my Orangutan took a dump in the rental car, while the wait staff placed bets on whether or not I could take the 700 pound bus boy with a gimp leg.

Keep hope alive!

No comments: