Saturday, September 09, 2006

Time traveling dreamer

Doc, what does this one mean?

Last night I dreamt that I traveled back in time to 1990. It was the best of times and it was the worst of times. Best of times because Sizzilean was still available at my local grocer. Worst of times because pegging jeans was still in style. Sadly, instead of using my knowledge of the future to make me rich I ended up back in freshman world history. In my dream version of high school, the desk and teenage acne was the same, but the students and faculty had all been updated. Tobey Maguire was sitting in front of me. We chatted about him eventually playing Spider-man. As the bell rang I got up and told the teacher, who happened to be Stephen Colbert, that he was going to do wonders for Comedy Central. As I walked out the door, Vice Principal Condoleeza Rice walked by. I informed her she would soon be the most powerful woman in America. She looked at me and smiled. I woke up a few minutes later in a cold sweat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least I know I can count you you to if not make me laugh, smile. Your site is my second stop after waking up every morning. I don't remember your being this funny in person......cute though! Your south Florida fan!!

adam said...

You still have the chance to use your future-knowlege to get rich. You may have set Colbert on the road to Comedy Central. Just think...you are responsible for Strangers with Candy and the Colbert Report.

Now you can call him, demand your cut (I'm sure he'll remember you) and become rich off of his toils. He'll totally buy it. Give it a shot.

pity_meals said...

9/14--Last night I dreamt you had a new blog entry. What the hell are you doing in your free time?