Thursday, September 07, 2006

Georgia on my mind

I am in the process of selling an old Apple powerbook on craigslist. It used to be that all the scams had me mailing whatever I was selling plus cash (not sure why) to some village in Africa. Well the scammers have improved their game. Now everyone wants me to send my money and goods to Georgia. Very crafty! They almost had me.

Scam 1:

Hello
Thanks for the reply,I receive ur E-Mail concerning my question about this KBOX with the games , im realy in need of this item because im sending it to my clientsomewhere else, so im realy in need of this item .i am located in ,
4 MAKANJUOLS STREET OFF OLUWAGA B/T,
IPAJA LAGOS,
North Georgia,
23401,
US
so i will be prepare to make the payment through United State Postal Money Order because it iS very safe and secure for both of us cos i dont want any confusion or any fraudulent activity to dwell in this transaction that is why i havebeen taking precautions since the last two month cos i got burntand idont want to fall for the same thing again so please understand mypoint,I should have come to see this item but you can attach the picsof the item for me to see cos its very weird to but what you haventseen with your eyes.Therefore i am expecting your name,address,zipcode,city,state so that
i can know where the moneyorder should be send to,And also if you want your money in cash i can pay through cash and it would be insured by United state postal service.But you will have to pay for it if you want it to be insuredor you have to reduce the price of the item if you want me to pay for the Cash packaging. i can offer you $700 last for the items cos i really need it,And for the shipping i will handle that myself cos i have personal account with fedEx shipping company so i will handle the shipping my self.Get back to me if you are satisfied with this or if you have anydifferent opinion.

Scam 2:

Thanks for your reply concerning my enquiry,am base in Alpharetta, North of Georgia United State(NG/US).Am quite comfortable with the condition of the item since i won't be making any repairs on it,i will like to offer you $670 including packing materials without you paying for any shipping charges b'cos i already have an account with FedEx,i would have loved to make the payment in cash and carry but we are not in the same state so i will like to go ahead with the payment by sending you a Money Order which will be sent to you directly from usps office here in Alpharetta or send you a MoneyGram money order which will also be sent to you from a MoneyGram office here in Alpharetta .I wanna buy this Apple Powerbook G4 Aluminum for my step son to fulfill the promise his dad made before he died,i lost my lovely husband to an auto accident on 29th of May 2006 and since then i and his step son tobi have been living seperately and i want to buy the item for him because his dad promised him before death took him away from us and i think with this i and his son can live as a family.Kindly get back to me immediately you receive my E-mail with your full name and mailling address in which the money order will be sent to and the type of money order you perfered most ok.
Regards.

No comments: