Monday, September 22, 2008

So White!!!!

So my friend Jhen came for a visit this past weekend as you might have gathered from my Super Bush post. Being that she is ethnic, I try to act all down. Yeah, I listen to rap. One of the nights Jhen was in town she suggested we go to her friend Sean's art show. Who am I to say no to culture. All I knew about the place we were going was the address, 5111 West Pico. I assumed it would be a quaint little art gallery with some nerds looking at comic prints. At least that is what I hoped it would be. What I didn't expect was the art gallery was really a graffiti shop that happened to have some wall space for a couple of paintings. I have never felt whiter than I did in the spray paint half of the store. I walked in with my little fury dog and my pale white girlfriend and the music stopped. People obviously thought I was lost.
"Can I help you man?"
"Ugh. . . do you have any good paint for rust?"
"No. You need to get your ass out of here and try Home Depot."
"Sorry to disturb you. It won't happen again."
"Damn straight it won't happen again."

Okay none of that was said, but there might have been some awkward stares. Who knew there was a store where you could buy nothing but supplies for vandalism, I mean art. They had everything from vintage enamels to different nozzles so you could get your tag perfect. Told you I was down. I really have to plug the store. It fucking rocked. I may even go back one day. Of course I am going to have to take some of those tanning pills C. Thomas Howell took in Soul Man beforehand.

Check out the store. 33third

Oh and check out Jhen's friend's art. He is pretty talented for a black guy. Lesean Thomas

On a final note I must curse Jhen for making me go to Roscoe's for chicken and waffles. My bowels are more broken than my brain.

Actual photo of my meal


Jhen, thanks for the visit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously? I feel fine after eating there--I love it! Must be my I-talian roots. Closer to the “people” than your pasty skin. I can't believe you went w/o me--did you get a side of Mac & Cheese? To die for.

Anonymous said...

feel free to come through the store any time... we didn't think you were that white... ha.