Friday, October 27, 2006

Scared Away

A while back I mentioned how I have a secret crush on Niki Gudex. It really isn't a secret. Most people with eyes feel the same way I do. She keeps popping up in my dreams. Anyway I noticed that there is a place on her website to email her. Since she hadn't updated her site in what seems like years I felt it was my duty to find out what gives.

Email to Niki:

You have got to update your site! The hottest girl in mountain biking
owes it to her fans.

An actual response from Niki:

Thanks Barry. It has been an intense year. I hope to put that information online soon/

All the best,
Niki

My first can not leave well enough alone response:

You actually respond to inane emails like mine? I am impressed. I would think you get 50 nutjob emails a day and some guy with a bad mustache would be responding for you. Something like this:

Dear _______.

I know you are my biggest fan but hiding in the woods and jumping out while I am biking is not a good idea. Please keep in mind people know where I am. Don't take this the wrong way but we will never be together not even in heaven.

Now please keep 50 feet away as the restraining order dictates.

Thanks

Niki


Okay I just made myself laugh. Counts for something

Thanks again

Niki's second mistake:

Thanks Barry, that was hilarious and made my day! Yes I do get a lot of email and some would give your second email a run for its money but I just think that if I wrote to someone then it would be cool if they could respond even only briefly. So I just try my best.
Cool, keep laughing!
Cheers,
Niki

Me pushing it too far:

OMG, you wrote back again. Now we are officially in love. I will
notify the American Press, you can deal with Australia. We can ride
our bikes down the aisle at our wedding. As long as the aisle isn't a
hill there shouldn't be a problem.

I give you one more response before your amusement turns into fear.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for whatever reason she stopped writing. I think going to her house is the next logical step.



3 comments:

adam said...

Perhaps she has a rabbit you could boil.

pity_meals said...

You need help.

Your Girl Friday said...

A match made in heaven I'm sure. Is she Australian? Never heard of her - don't hate me!