Monday, October 04, 2010

Am I the only one that paid attention to The Terminator?



Today, the New York Times reported that students at Carnegie Mellon have built a computer that goes out on the internet and teaches itself how to learn. Are you fucking kidding me? Didn't anyone pay any attention to the plot of the Terminator, because if I remember correctly, this is exactly how it fucking happened!

Also, maybe I'm a little old fashioned, but if we're gonna just hand the keys over to our future overlords, maybe we want them to be educated by something other than the internet? After all, wasn't it the internet that gave us "2 Girls, 1 Cup" and Chocolate Rain.

(Ok, I might be able to deal with being plugged in Matrix-style in order to support the future works of the Chocolate Rain dude)

Somehow, I fear that this sort of thing, is not going to be the part of the internet that informs the objectives of our new computer masters.

No comments: