Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Is "The Fonz" in the Witness Protection Program?

For years I have wondered what happened to Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli after he attempted to jump that Shark on water skis. Did he make it? Did the shark get him? I turned the channel before he landed. I am not the only one who thought his luck ran out and he was at the big diner in the sky. Well after some careful investigating, I have determined that the Fonz has been happily living in the Witness Protection Program under the name Henry Winkler. The first time I saw Mr. Winkler I thought to myself that guy sure looks like "The Fonz", but how could that be? I mean come on, how can "The Fonz" be wearing a sweater and taking his kids to temple. I had a chance to sit down with Mr. Winkler in a local Johnny Rockets to find out once and for all if he was Arthur Fonzarelli or just some lucky bastard blessed with similar features.

Barry: Mr Winkler, first let me say I appreciate you taking the time to meet with me regarding such a personal matter. Do you mind if I record our conversation?

Henry: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Barry: Let's just throw it on the table. Are you indeed Arthur "The Fonz" Fonzarelli?

Henry: I guess it has been long enough. Yes I am "The Fonz". (Waitresses at Johnny Rockets start singing American Pie)

Barry: What made you run away from the Cunninghams, your life, Chachi?

Henry: Before computers it was easy to get away with stuff. I was running one of the biggest gambling rings in the state of Wisconsin from the bathroom of Al's diner. I started off by taking bets, but before I knew it I was selling pot to Ralph Malph and alcohol to Arnold. Drugs and booze led me to shooting Pinky Tuscadero just to watch her die.

Barry: And that made you run?

Henry: Aaaaaay, you know, that and I owed the Cunningham's six months back rent.

Barry: How did you end up in LA as an actor?

Henry: I was walking by an open casting call for the movie Night Shift. I just kind of fell into it.

Barry: So now that you have been outed what do you plan to do?

Henry snapped his fingers, and before I could blink he was gone. Later that night I realized my tape recorder was blank. Fonzie you still got it.

No comments: