Friday, November 07, 2008

The George Costanza Conundrum

Dear George

I have a friend that I always break plans with. Tomorrow I am supposed to go with him somewhere but I seriously want to cancel. It has nothing to do with him. I just don't feel like going. I know he is waiting for the call where I say, "I am OUT!!!" So the question is do I go to prove him wrong.

Sincerely,
Barry - a flakey friend

Dear Barry,

This reminds me of the time I was desperately trying to get out of a relationship but I refused to break up with the girl just to prove her and her friends wrong about me. They kept telling her, he won't commit, he will break your heart, blah, blah, blah. They were right, but do you think I was going to let them know that. I stayed in that relationship until the whole episode was over. Was it because I loved her? No! Was it because I was paid a boat load of cash to be on a hit sitcom? No! I stayed in that relationship purely out of spite for her and her friends.

In closing, Barry, don't tell your friend you don't want to go. Don't give him the satisfaction of knowing what kind of person you are. Instead make being around you soo miserable that he will bail on you. This way he is the bad guy.

Sincerely,
George - It isn't a lie if you believe it is true.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truly one of your funniest posts. I await your call tomorrow: "I'm out!"

COL said...

Can't-stand-ya

Randy Sexer said...

Kudos! Hilarious and original!

Where do you come up with your unique ideas!!!