Monday, May 03, 2010

17 again no longer enrages me

About a year ago I wrote a post about how the movie 17 Again enraged me even though I didn't see it. Something about how going back in time would do nothing for me but probably get me arrested for standing on a cardboard box in time square while spouting nonsense about the future of the interweb and 9/11. Hopefully I would also talk about how black people came from outer space and they're awaiting the mothership's return. Wow tangent, anyway I finally got to see 17 Again and damn it, I liked it. I was all wrong about this movie. It doesn't have Mathew Perry traveling through time and ending up in his younger self in the 80's, it has him stay in the present day but suddenly be turned into Zac Efron. Sort of like a fountain of youth tale that includes him becoming a Disney heartthrob. This is much more believable and watchable. I too want to find my fairy godmother who can transform me back into the hot teenager I once was so my youth is not wasted twice. Yeah that's right I was definitely super hot and not a giant q-tip with ears. I have now watched this movie at least four times. I won't get that time back but some how am okay with it.

No comments: