Monday, October 12, 2009

Right turn Barry - Final thoughts on Comic Con Long Beach

I stayed too long at this shitastic show for one reason and one reason only. That reason being to meet a man who not only worked with Clint Eastwood, but also with the greatest Chimpanzee to ever walk the south west. A man who can say he is fifty percent responsible for Juliette Lewis being alive. Juliette Lewis can thank witchcraft and Scientology for the other fifty percent. The man with all of these accomplishments is none other than Geoffrey Lewis. As I walked around Comic Con I noticed a table with some old photos from Any Which Way You Can and Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, but no one sitting there. I paced back and forth waiting to see if Orville was really going to show up, which kind of freaked out George Lazenby who had a table set up next to him. Ten minutes, fifteen minutes, twenty minutes. I waited and waited. Thirty minutes go by when finally Geoffrey Lewis comes walking in. Before he can even sit down I run up to him and shout like a crazy person, "I have been waiting for you!" I could tell by the look in his eyes I scared him. He apologized and told me he was at his daughter's soccer game. I jokingly asked, "Juliette's?" He said no (he has nine other kids) and asked me to pick a picture to autograph. He started to sign it before I could say sign it "Right turn, Barry." If I hadn't attacked him like a lion eating a gazelle I would have made him start over. I really need to work on my celebrity stalking.

3 comments:

Clyde Beddow said...

Furiously jealous.

You've accomplished one of my "bucket list" items with this. Sadly I'll never be able to do any of those things as I've now uttered the words "bucket list" and must kill myself Immediately.

Tess said...

If I had this picture in my hand I'd THROW IT ON THE GROUND!

best iphone 6 cases said...

Schlatter, an apprentice painter, was in her office when the phone kept in her pocket exploded, forcing her to tear the piece of clothing off to prevent any further damage. By then, her right thigh had received third-degree burns. The phone, she says, was not more than a few weeks old and the batteries she was using were original.