Tuesday, June 01, 2010

I need a sitcom dad

The passing of Emmanuel Lewis this past week got me thinking how I really want a sitcom dad. Not some guy to play my dad on TV but a guy who plays a dad on TV to act all fatherly to me. I am not sure if I am making sense so let me explain. Take Dick Van Patten for example. He was the patriarch of the Eight is Enough clan. Sure he played a dad on the show but the thing that really impressed me was that he was always bailing Nicholas and Tommy out of trouble in real life. When one of them got busted for drugs, rape or for being a Somalian Pirate, you would always see Dick Van Patten coming to their rescue. The same goes for Conrad Bain. When Willis or Kimberly were caught up in drugs, he was always trying to help them out. I guess the drugs thing I am not into but I really want some guy who plays a dad on TV to bail me out of trouble if trouble arises. I bet Higgins would make a good dad.

Holding open auditions this weekend at my house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emmanuel Lewis died too???