Friday, June 22, 2007

Dirty Barry

You ever have the dream of owning a gun? You can be all tough and wip it out when a burgler breaks into your house. I always picture holding it sideways and saying to the would be perp, "This aint yo lucky day, bitch." I went to the gun range yesterday to see how hard I really was. After squeezing off a few rounds with a Glock, I realized not very. Usually, Jewish male and gun in the same sentence would be followed by "killed by." I now know why. Firing a 9mm pistol into a paper target is fucking hard. At twenty feet with one eye closed I was able to hit two lungs and a kidney (pure luck). At twenty-one feet I wasn't even able to hit the target. I left the gun range with a bloody left hand (think I caught my skin of my hand between the clip and gun). What a pussy.

5 comments:

pity_meals said...

Good thing Sarah has enough rage to protect you from the burgler.

Anonymous said...

Next time rent a Smith & Wesson 1911 -- much smoother action than a Glock.

Unknown said...

My mom used to carry a little 22 that fit in the palm of her hand. Would you like me to see if she still has it? I can probably get her to give it you.

Your Girl Friday said...

But what does it feel like???

I heard its an awesome feeling.

I shot a rifle once. I ended up on my ass. Probably cos the gun weighs a ton and I don't.

Randy Sexer said...

CBG, Barry. CBG.